Welcome!

I'm weird and I'll talk about anything...including the most forbidden/taboo subjects. I'll hold nothing back.

You've been warned!

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blinded by the lights

Seeing as most of the light bulbs in my apartment were burned out and I was living amongst the faint glow of Christmas lights and candles, I finally went out the the store to buy some new light bulbs. Not thinking I grabbed the 100 watt bulbs. Big mistake. I installed them and flipped the switch only to be instantly blinded. You know what it's like when you drive by a movie set and are suddenly blinded by the flood lights, well that's what it's like upon entering any room in my flat in which the lights are on. Instead of being sensible and returning the bulbs, I've decided to forgo the hassle of it all (it takes a lot to change bulbs....standing on a rickety chair on an uneven floor which the landlord refuses to acknowledge let alone fix all the while the cat is attempting to climb my trousers. Run on sentence? Yep. Do I care? Nope. English major? Nope. Drunk? Yep.)

My reasoning is that the bulbs will eventually burn out and I'll replace them with the normal 60 watt version. I reckon in order for that to happen I'd have to start turning the lights on but on the other hand I can continue to live with my Christmas lights and candles. Surely the new tenant will appreciate how bright (not from the two windows in the entire flat) and spacious the apartment is. I'm also doing the landlord a favour. By having the bright floodlights hopefully the tenant won't notice the uneven floors, the sink that's about to fall off the bathroom wall or the kitchen counters which have been painted (with a roller) yellow.